Kaitei Daisensou: Ai no 20,000 Miles

For this project, I was technically a TLC for Gango's existing sub, which archivisth described as "When I started editing, I found that the script had a lot of 3-liners and, even to my untrained ears, sounded off in places." 
Now, the thing is... With some crappy projects that I TLC for Orphan, I end up rewriting the script from ground-up. So far, it happened for all but one of them. At any rate, such cases usually lead to me writing garrulous journals of my misadventures, one of which you're holding in your hands right now. 
Yes, Marty actually spent a year editing this clusterfuck, so I even have a lengthy description for it. 
The funniest part is that Collectr himself ended up not getting involved at all. 

• "LOVE UNDER 20,000 LEAGUES" - original TL made me laugh my ass off. But he wasn't actually the first person in the world to assume "20,000 LEAGUES" refers to depth, which would be 116,000km or 1/3 of the way to the Moon. 
• I signed up to TLC this solely because I was translating Animentary at the same time, so I thought I'd give the "Ippei Kuri submarines anime fest" a whirl, even knowing Animentary was already directed shitty enough. If you can't tell, this was another one of my rash mistakes. I'm really curious about the history of its production, in particular - how 北村優子 was cast as Sophia. But I couldn't find any info, I imagine  it's because nobody cared for this movie. 
• If you ever end up watching this, you might find yourself wondering why Sophia's voice sounds so strange. Well... This role was the first and the last ever for that actress.

AniDB | Subs only | DDL | Nyaa

Comments