Minami no Niji no Lucy (full batch) ft. SouthWindSubs

In an unexpected turn of events, Peter actually finished checking the rest of the series within the last month. 
I'm credited with TLCing it, but considering the fact I changed over half the lines in every episode, you'd effectively be watching my translation. 
Honestly, Peter himself (the leader of SWS) doesn't seem a bad guy, his contribution to my TLC has been universally wholesome. It seems to me he was just misled by the crew of fraudsters, which is probably the rest of SWS. 

Was it really that bad? 
Yes, it was. The original translation, made through some anal wizardry with Spanish subs as a basis, was terrible in every conceivable sense. I have no clue who are or what is wrong with the people (4 of them, apparently), who worked on these subs before me and unironically went ahead with it, saying to themselves, "Yeah, this looks good enough." 

I mostly regret giving the SWS credibility with this release, as after this people would probably be thinking, "Hey, they collaborated with Sorcery, who have some standarts. That must mean they're an alright group." but such is the price. 

Wouldn't it be thus easier for me to translate the show anew, instead of scrubbing SWS's work? 
Yes, indeed. I should've known better, but unfortunately I have the mind of a recycler: I pitied them and wanted to salvage the work they've done up to now, however crappy it was. And when I realized my mistake, the commitment was already made, so I had to press on with it. 

But at least I gained some cheap laughs from that, collecting the "Best of" quotes from the original translation in a dedicated telegram channel.



Comments