New video for Shiritsu Tantei Toki Shouzou Trouble Note: Hard & Loose

Brought to you by our friend WOWmd, who bought and captured a new VHS copy of the ova. The news came as a big surprise, but not an unwelcome one at that, as just the other day, I added this:to the status page on account of this ova. 
The subs are the from our last year's release, translated by me, QCed by Ziusudra. I was originally planning to only do a superficial retiming to WOWmd's new VHS rip, but as it usually happens to me, because I subbed this over a year ago and was already out of the tunnel vision, I managed to find quite a few things I decided to redo or TLC since the sound on the new rip is also much clearer. Plus, tyerggh uploaded the full source manga to Nyaa recently. Other updates to the sub include a couple of lazily typeset lines and the added translation of the only song in the episode - "Toki Shozou's Blues" which is actually quite good. 
Boy, I gotta say, I never really had a chance to appreciate how beautiful this show is, until the new rip arrived. It is clear Nippon Animation weren't cutting budget for their probably single one conventional ova in history, and with a new crispy rip, it's mesmerizing, even. The manga also hits very hard with noir vibes. So simple, yet so fancy. The ova adapts chapters 1 and 4 of the source manga, as well as occasional encounters with Housemousie from chapter 3. 
Also, you just gotta appreciate how this all happens precisely one year after the previous version was released. 


You know the drill, etc. 
ѫ~ѫ
"Lux in Tenebris"
Alternative titles: Shouzou Toki`s Private Detective Trouble Notes: Hard and Loose / 私立探偵・土岐正造トラブル・ノート ハード&ルーズ 

Comments